There are many water purification systems on the market these days, and it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. Do you need a whole-house system, or will a countertop model do the trick? If you already have a water filter in your refrigerator, do you really need to buy another one? Let’sl compare water purification systems to refrigerator water filters and help you decide which one is best for you.
Water Purification System Pros:
– Water purification systems offer more thorough water filtration than refrigerator water filters. They can be highly effective at removing contaminants such as lead, arsenic, chlorine, and other waterborne impurities.
– These systems are also more convenient than refrigerator water filters because they don’t require regular filter changes. Once the water purification system is installed, you won’t need to worry about replacing filters for months or years.
Water Purification System Cons:
– Water purification systems can be an investment. Depending on the type of water purification system you choose, installation and maintenance costs may require a higher budget.
– Water purification systems also require professional installation, making them less accessible than water filters that you can install yourself.
Refrigerator Water Filter Pros:
– Refrigerator water filters are often more affordable than water purification systems. Most water filter replacements are reasonably priced and easy to find online or at your local home improvement store.
– Refrigerator water filters are also easier to install than water purification systems. In most cases, replacing the water filter is a quick and simple process that doesn’t require professional assistance.
Refrigerator Water Filter Cons:
– Refrigerator water filters don’t offer as thorough water filtration as water purification systems. This means they can’t remove certain waterborne contaminants that water purification systems can.
– Refrigerator water filters also need to be changed frequently, typically every three or six months. This requires more upkeep than water purification systems, which don’t require regular filter changes.
-Also, the only water that is being filter is the water line to the refrigerator. This won’t help with hard water in your shower or laundry.
Ultimately, the decision about whether you should use a water purification system or rely on your fridge’s water filter depends on your water quality, budget, and lifestyle. If you’re looking for the most thorough water filtration available, a water purification system is probably the best option for you. On the other hand, if you want something that’s more affordable and easier to maintain, a refrigerator water filter might be the way to go. No matter what water filtration system you choose, it’s always a good idea to have your water tested by a professional before making a decision. This will ensure that you make the best choice for your water quality needs.
By considering the pros and cons of both water purification systems and refrigerator water filters, you’ll be able to make an educated decision about which water filtration system is right for you. So take a look at the different water purification options available and make sure you choose a water filtration system that will provide you with clean, healthy water for years to come. Contact American Clear Water to have your water tested today!